Saturday, July 11, 2009

The sun is out and I'm looking forward to another Art Fridays


Yes, the sun is finally out and will hopefully stay out and be shining bright on July 17th. That's the day I will be back on Summer St. between Filene's and Macy's at the Art Fridays in Boston. I will be there from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm (unless there is horrible rain once again). Hopefully, I will be the only one with a tan tent (again) so I can stick out and be easier to find. I will have plenty of cards, boxed cards and prints both just matted and some framed for sale. I am currently working on something exciting and special. I hope (and think) it will be ready for sale by the 17th.

Recently, I have taken a lot of pictures of flowers, Maine and, of course, the fireworks that I saw in Portland, Maine. The fireworks pictures are fantastic if I do say so myself. I will not have these ready for this date, but if anyone is interested in purchasing this type of photography I can always make a special effort to get a few samples done and put together for a personal viewing.

August 2nd is the last day that my exhibit will be up at the Peabody Historical Museum in Peabody. So, if you haven't seen it come on down August 2nd. I will be there with a couple of friends viewing it again. The entire exhibit (not just my work) is worth the time.

Also, mark your calendars for September 26 and 27th for the JP Open Studios. This will be my first year exhibiting at JP Open Studios. I am very excited and the entire event will be worth seeing. There will be a number of fantastic artists who will be participating. I will let you know more about where I will be set up in a future blog. Stay tuned!

And...I was just notified that Barnes & Nobles Book Store has bought some of my work and will be selling it at their Prudential Center store. I'm not sure exactly what they bought at this time through Boston Coasters where I am a source photographer. I will find out very soon. There are also other retail stores that are selling my work such as Tags in Cambridge. If anyone has seen my work being sold at a retail store, please let me know. This is a great way for me to get exposure and my name out there, but the downside is I only get 10% commission on everything sold through Boston Coasters. So, if you are interested in buying my work and I produce that type of product such as cards, photographs matted, photographs framed it would be better for me if you bought it directly from me.

Don't forget Marblehead Used Book Store... if you are looking for a used book to bring to the beach with you this is the perfect place to buy it. Joel sells used books in great condition for cheap money. I also have my photographs hanging there for sale and I also have photographs matted. Tell Joel I sent you.

As some of you know and some who do not... I broke my foot during a Bike Ride to benefit MS June 30th. My foot is in a cast and has definitely slowed me down. I was also told I had and still have side effects from a concussion. I was waiting all winter for nice weather (although we haven't had much of that) to get out there and take pictures of summer time things. So, now I'm looking forward for this cast to come off and make up for lost time taking pictures.

I hope to see you at one of the above events.

Peace and Love,

Cathy