Thursday, April 23, 2009

So Much Excitement Around Cambridge Arts Walk


I am so excited and so exhausted. I'm not only getting ready for this years Cambridge Arts Council Open Studios Weekend, but decided to be a part of helping Hope Fellowship Church's participation in it. Last year at this time I was just another vendor getting ready to participate. This year I feel a strong and welcomed part of an artist family that Odoi Odotei and Harry Falsom created after last years Arts Festival. I met so many wonderful and loving folks from just this one Arts Festival it is truly amazing. So, one of the things I volunteered for was the Art Jury and Review Committee. I really wanted to get to see the art work and be a part of the important selection of it. Caroline and I spent many hours going over each and every piece of art that approximately 35 other artist dropped off in hopes that their art work would be hung. Let me tell you when I say... there is some beautiful work that will be on display this Saturday, April 25th at Hope Fellowship Church. Just to drop a couple of names... Harry Falsom and Jeannie Motherwell are both exhibiting here. Ya, if that's not enough to come by and see I don't know what is. Anyway, there will be approximately another 30 artist who will have tables set up - including myself. Of course, I will also be exhibiting my work. I do want to say that I am so proud that I am part of this group of artist that is burning candles at both ends to not only get their work ready for the show, but to make sure Hope Fellowship Church's needs are met and money is raised (by the table fees from artist) that will go to support Streetlight & Starlight Homeless Ministries. The weather is suppose to be great so I hope you all can find some time to come down, take a look at this work, say hi, support your local artist and feel the spirit that exists at Hope for both artist and art lovers. Time: 12-4 Art Exhibition and from 6-9 Live Talent Showcase. Place: Hope Church, 16 Beech St., Cambridge. I will be there watching the Live Talent Showcase so if you see me, please don't be shy...come over and hang out with me.

Peace and Love,

Cathy