Sunday, April 5, 2009

MS Bike Ride/Fundraiser and Photography


Today I went for the first of many training rides for the MS Bike Ride that I will be doing in June. It felt great to be outside training instead of being inside a gym. The weather was great and I felt comfortable for the first ride of the season. As most of you know last Sunday (March 29th) Team DiCathalon held our Fundraiser. It was the first fundraiser that I was ever a part of putting together and it went off without a hitch. A lot of working putting together, but once the day was here it was wonderful. DJ Jodi was spinning some great tunes, Kol sang quite a few Shania Twain's songs, there was plenty to eat and drink, the conversation was endless and smiles were seen from one side of the room to the other. People mixed and mingled introducing themselves to those that they did not know. It was nice to see so many friendly faces willing to help a great cause. I'm also happy to say that we took in more money for MS than we originally thought we would. Team DiCathalon has now upped our fund raising goal. For those of you who can... please go to my personal MS page to donate... http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=5994263&pg=personal&fr_id=9592 Thank you, thank you, thank you. And, not only thank you for those who donated their money and for coming, but for those who donated their time by helping us bar tend, dj, set up beforehand, clean up after wards, sell raffle tickets, pick up last minute things, watch over my pictures, for donating raffle items and for anything that I might have missed. All of you are wonderful people that I hold close in my heart...... Ok, now let me just say a word about my photography... I will be in the Hope Fellowship 5th Annual Arts Festival on April 25th. Mark your calendars. It is part of the Cambridge Arts Council Open Studios Weekend. The time is 12-4 for the Art Exhibition and then 6:00 - for the Live Talent Showcase. This is located at 16 Beech Street, Cambridge, MA. The best place to park is on Elm St. (Somerville) and walk the few buildings down. I hope to see many of you at the Arts Festival.

Peace and Love,

Cathy